Credit Management: Make Your FICO® Score Work for You
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
12-1PM PT (3-4PM ET) | FREE for WITI Members ($50 Nonmembers)
Presenter: Sonali Hirekatur, Senior Product Manager at myFICO
Most people think of their credit score only when they need it. Imagine your surprise when you learn that your score is not up to par to get the interest rate you want when you buy a house, apply for a credit card, or apply for a loan. Even a few points lower on your mortgage interest will result in thousands of savings over the life of the mortgage. It pays to be informed about your credit health.
In this webinar, Sonali will help you understand how your credit management behavior may affect your FICO® Score. With this knowledge, you can proactively manage your credit so you and your FICO® Score are ready when it's time to apply for the next big loan. You will learn:
- What the FICO® Score is and how it differs from free credit scores
- The relationship between the top three credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) and the FICO® Score
- Why FICO scores may differ across all three bureaus
- The importance of knowing about FICO Score versions based on your credit goals (when you apply for a mortgage, auto-loan, credit card etc.)
- Which credit management activities can influence your FICO score
Sonali Hirekatur is a Senior Product Manager at myFICO (the consumer division of Fair Isaac). She has over 15 years of product management experience in financial services and e-commerce industries. At myFICO, Sonali creates tools, features and content to help de-mystify the relationship between personal credit management and the FICO score. She has a Master's Degree in Business Administration from the University of Massachusetts at Boston and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from Pune University.