Tips for Powering up Your Brand
We all know the power of branding from our everyday lives. We have a favorite soda, water or other beverage that we reach for, over all others, to quench our thirst. We enjoy a particular brand of cereal and we choose this brand over hundreds of other brands at the supermarket. And we choose to drive a particular car because of the brand.
But do you know the power of branding yourself? It's been proven that those that brand themselves are more successful, make more money and are happier at what they do than those that don't brand themselves. So why doesn't everyone brand themselves? The answer to this question lies in the fact that it takes work and many people don't know where to begin. Through my coaching practice, teambuilding sessions and workshops, I've perfected a seven point plan to help you power up your brand.
1. Increase Self-Awareness. This is the first step in a branding campaign. Take one of the many assessments available in the market, chose one or see what your company uses. Get to know yourself, inside and out.
2. Develop a Consistent Image. Everything either attracts or detracts from your brand. Your verbal and non-verbal cues, the way you dress, your attitude. Ensure your image is consistent in everything you say and do.
3. Get Feedback. Understand current perception about your brand from the minds of those that work with you and interact with you on a frequent basis. Be proactive and find out how others see your brand.
4. Focus! Don't try and be all things to all people. Good brands focus on filling a specific need. They don't try to be everything for everybody.
5. Differentiate Yourself. What is unique about you? How do you stand apart from the "crowd"? Answer these questions and zero in on your point of differentiation.
6. Develop Your Elevator Speech. Whether talking to your boss or a co-worker or attending a networking function, you need to be able to communicate your brand; who you are and what you stand for.
7. Take Action. Create your marketing plan. What steps will you take to close any gaps in your brand? How will you promote your brand? How will you remain accountable?
Be memorable. Strong brands draw people to them. Strong brands resonate. People identify with strong brands. You must Brand or you'll simply be Bland. Get started and power up your brand today.
Sage Alliance is a Leadership Performance Company that combines coaching, teambuilding, workshops and assessments to empower executives and teams to take their business goals and translate them into measurable and executable plans. Shelley Hammell is a recognized expert on Performance Branding. She leads keynotes and workshops on how to power your career through Performance Branding. Shelley will customize a program based on individual and organizational needs.
Visit us at www.thesagealliance.com. Email Shelley Hammell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us at 404.680.6186.