WITI Women | Isabell Maxwell
Isabel Maxwell manages all sales and marketing activities for
CommTouch and co-directs strategic business development. Prior to
joining CommTouch, Maxwell co-founded The McKinley Group, creator of
the pioneering Magellan online search engine. During her tenure with
McKinley, Maxwell led international business development activities
and served as senior vice president of corporate affairs and investor
relations. She oversaw the transition of McKinley to a full
subsidiary of Excite, Inc.
Prior to founding McKinley, Maxwell served as senior vice president
of sales and marketing for Research on Demand, an international
information brokering company in Berkeley, California. Maxwell brings
over 15 years of international journalism and entertainment
experience to CommTouch. Her accomplishments include
production/direction for the Yorkshire and Southern Independent
Television networks in the UK and feature film production for New
World Pictures. She served on the Board of Directors of the British
Academy of Film and Television Arts-LA from 1986-1998, and is a
Fellow of the Royal Geographic Society (FRGS) of London and a
long-time member of the National Union of Journalists (NUJ), U.K.
Maxwell holds honor moderations in Jurisprudence and a B.A. and M.A.
in history and modern languages from Oxford University.
Isabel Maxwell answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What strategies do you use to maintain balance in your
7. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. Define success in 10 words or less.
3. If you could only subscribe to 3 magazines, what would
4. What was the last book you read?
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at [email protected].