WITI Women | Marianne Sarcone
Vice President - Director,
Merrill Lynch GEST Project Office & Women's Network
Marianne Sarcone, vice president of Merrill Lynch's GEST Project Office, is the former manager of the release management support area of AOS&T's Project Office. Her responsibilities included, but were not limited to process management, project planning and control, prism application quality assurance testing, TGA blueprint management and development of an AOS&T Web page.
Sarcone began her career with Merrill Lynch in the sales branch office in 1975 as a paralegal/new accounts controller for 5 years. She spent 3 years training personnel and new account managers Name & Address processes and technology in all 14 Regional Service Centers throughout the U.S., and eventually filled the role of new accounts manager in the NY Service Center. In 1986, Marianne combined her business knowledge with systems technology and became a developer, accountable for the firm's N&A Critical Core Path system. This eventually led to acquiring full management of the firm's client information systems for 3 years.
Sarcone now directs a project office for Merrill Lynch GES Technology Organization and process management and systems communications for the ISSS Organization. She also directs the Women's Network for The Merrill Lynch Private Client Technology Division.
Marianne Sarcone answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What strategies do you use to maintain balance in your
7. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. Define success in 10 words or less.
3. If you could only subscribe to 3 magazines, what would
4. What was the last book you read?
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.