Digital marketing has revolutionized marketing techniques for the business world and brought in digital marketing firms to handle the vast online customer base.
Every company is spending more on new digital strategies to run their business smoothly. A digital strategy is a series of planned actions taken to achieve the goal through online marketing.
Image Source: Pexels
It is different from digital marketing campaigns. Digital marketing campaigns led by digital marketing firms
are the building blocks or actions taken within your digital strategy to move toward meeting that goal.
Some key points to keep in mind while making a digital strategy for your marketing plan are:
Digital Marketing Strategy Trends
- Building Buyer's Persona—Buyer persona represents your ideal customers whom you want to target for your product or services. It could be their age, location, income, job title, hobbies, interests, languages, and priorities.
- Set Objective—Define your overall marketing mission and set goals and objectives for it.
- Set KPI Tools—Get realistic with your KPI by analyzing your previous marketing efforts and learn from them to increase your goals and results. E.g., you can use Google Analytics for measuring your conversions, or you can use BuzzSumo to assess the success of your content.
- Stick to Your Budget—Look at the previous historical data and identify what has worked before and then plan accordingly for your future goals by allocating a specific amount to each digital channel.
- Also, assess the capability of your team to deliver effective content and plan your reach, schedules, and budget accordingly.
Image Source: Trevino Creativo
As we are in an era of Digital Transformation, there are a lot of changes taking place in methods of digital marketing. A few methods are still the same, such as email marketing, PPC, SEO, and content marketing. However, there are some new methods which are transforming the process. Let's have a look.
Challenges for Digital Marketing Strategies
- Chatbots—An AI-based technology which uses instant messaging to chat in real-time with site visitors or customers. They provide virtual assistant customer service and automate repetitive tasks without any human involvement.
- Voice Search—The latest developing trend as it provides relevant information through audio content with a smaller number of errors. Google, Siri, and Alexa are the pioneers in this trend.
- Visual Search—With visual search, people can upload an image to conduct a search and get more specific outputs. A visual search tool allows users to snap a photo of an item to find out where to buy it online, search for similar products, or view pinboards of related items.
- Video Marketing—Incorporating videos in digital marketing services is one of the most important steps. Not only YouTube, but also live videos on Facebook and Instagram. Streaming videos can humanize your brand.
- Social Messaging Apps—Social messaging applications are useful in sending messages to the user directly, as they allow personalization and add value to the users' experience.
- Artificial Intelligence—Businesses adopting AI will have accelerated growth, giving an edge over their other competitors.
- Hosting Webinars and Live Events—To engage with your audience, include webinars, podcasts, and online promotion of live events so that your customers can have a memorable experience that stays with them even after the event is over.
- Viral Marketing/Advertising—It is a method of marketing a product from person to person via word of mouth or sharing on the internet. It spreads out quickly and reaches out to a wider range of audience.
- Keyword Stuffing—The practice of loading a web page with keywords into a web page's meta tag, added content, or anchor text of the content in an attempt to gain an unfair rank advantage in search engines.
- Ad Blocking—There is software that blocks ads before they appear on the screen. It leads to the usage of native and sponsored content.
- Innovation—With Digital Transformation taking place, innovation in the methods of marketing is critical. Companies need fresh ideas to market their products and services. So, this becomes another challenge for marketers to promote their products.
Advertisers' endeavors can only be fulfilled by keeping up with evolving digital marketing. Better digital strategies that effectively use all available digital marketing options, whether existing or new, are the need of the hour for online success for businesses.
Nick Piolotto is a software engineer with the passion for writing and sharing his thoughts, knowledge, and experience with the world through his blogs. His expertise lies in digital marketing and the use of modern technology in brand promotions.