On Feb 15, 2017, Huxley Associates conducted its first series of "Women in Technology - Breaking the Glass Ceiling
" event in Tribeca, New York City. This session was our first one in the series of our partnership driven events for 2017 in NYC spearheaded by our WITI NY Leadership Team. The event had over a hundred or so attendees from various banks, hedge funds, and technology firms servicing financial services sector. The event included a diverse and vibrant panel with post panel discussion on:
- Concept of Finding the Hidden Leaders and brief discussion on Hidden Figures (film)
- Gender gap in senior leadership roles within various financial services technology areas
- Current industry trends for women in technology/financial vertical
- Recommendations for the managers and executive recruiters
- Guidance for women technologists to continue to forge ahead despite the known/unknown hurdles.
As part of this discussion, a few insightful articles were shared with the audience on Finding the Hidden Leaders
The panel was moderated by Paul Mancillas from Huxley Associates. The panel included:
- Zahra Jamshed - WITI NY Leadership Team & DellEMC
- Tiernan Walsh - Per Scholas
- Christina Landry - TrueEx
- Senior Placement Advisor, Huxley Associates
Thanks to Huxley Associates for their partnership for this event and commitment to promote women in technology.