The Most Important Event for Women in Technology Returns to the Silicon Valley!
Join WITI, the world's leading professional organization for executive women in technology, for a variety of hands on speaking engagements and dynamic panel discussions at WITI's Annual Women Powering Technology Summit at the Marriott Hotel in Santa Clara, CA June 2-4, 2013.
At WITI's Annual Summit, executive women, entrepreneurs, and technology thought leaders from around the world converge to...
- collaborate on innovative solutions to common business challenges,
- explore new business opportunities that underscore how technology is powering change, and
- build and expand strong connections in a welcoming networking environment of women committed to helping each other succeed.
At WITI's Women Powering Technology Summit You Will Learn...
- Informed insiders' insights on current trends and coming developments in technology
- From young women in research, about innovative technology projects for their graduate degrees - ranging from recharging smartphone batteries from ambient energy, to next-generation green tech, to wifi on steroids
- Hard-learned lessons from C-Level executives on how best channel your strengths, showcase your effectiveness, and make a difference for your career - and the bottom line of your organization
- Guy Kawasaki's perspectives on how to use likeability, trustworthiness, and innovation to change the world
- Strategies on building and maintaining a business network, from Silicon Valley entrepreneur, executive, and connection-maker extraordinaire Heidi Roizen
- Industry challenges faced by up-and-coming women in tech, and how they're resolving them
- Best practices for promoting successful adoption of social media networking tools to deepen customer relationships, generate new ideas faster, and enable a more effective workforce
- The skills and mindset that allow you to be a "good coach," whether your official title is C-level, manager, or supervisor
- To powerfully formulate your own unique, personal model of being a woman and a first-class leader
- Skills to create a "big vision" of strategic alliances and partnerships to extend beyond your organization and take the business to the next level
- Benefits, challenges, and practical guidelines on doing business globally - whether you're entering the global market, or expanding your business
- Strategies for success in your venture - as an entrepreneur, intrapreneur, or high-value consultant
- How BIG DATA works - who has access to it, and what control consumers have (if any) over what's made available to external sources
- How to take advantage of supplier diversity to get contracts with big corporations looking for women-owned businesses to supply the products/services they need
- How to develop the innovative concept of change intelligence to prioritize competing demands and bolster career success
- The successful methods big companies are deploying to attract women to STEM careers
- Best practices being utilized by women in technology the world over - to advance their careers, move technology forward, and make a positive difference.
Special Summit Features:
- Networking opportunities, including a Sunday night Founder's Reception hosted by WITI Founder Carolyn Leighton - plus our Taste of Technology Reception Monday evening, and our new WITI Celebrates! closing dessert reception on Tuesday.
- Speaker Roundtable Discussions during luncheon both days, so you can interact personally with Summit Faculty and discuss issues of specific interest to you and your organization.
- No One Stands Alone: WITI strives to create genuinely welcoming environments where each person is treated with equal support and respect. Our policy at the Summit - as at all WITI events - is that no person stands alone; i.e., it is each person's responsibility to welcome a solitary individual into the group; no cliques are tolerated at WITI events.
- The opportunity to meet with hundreds of tech-savvy women and engage in a free exchange of ideas and experiences.
WITI Hall of Fame Dinner and Awards Ceremony
Meet key leaders in science and technology who will be honored at the 18th Annual WITI Hall of Fame Awards Dinner on Monday, June 3, 2013 in conjunction with WITI's Annual Women Powering Technology Summit in the Silicon Valley. The tenacity, innovation and courage of these women will embolden, inspire and empower you to achieve a higher level of excellence than you imagined.
The WITI Hall of Fame was established in 1996 by WITI to recognize, honor, and promote the outstanding contributions women make to the scientific and technological communities that improve and evolve our society.
Women in Technology Foundation Executive Auction / VIP Reception
Held in conjunction with WITI's Annual Summit, this is a great opportunity to compete for a meeting with corporate executives that could potentially propel your career skyward. At the same time, you will be contributing to the Women in Technology Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit Foundation which supports WITI's Hall of Fame and WITI's NextGen Program for girls and young women to pursue careers in science and technology. Join us in Silicon Valley for a career-propelling, high-energy, must-be-there event!
Join WITI in the Silicon Valley!
WITI is the premier global organization helping tech-savvy women attain their professional goals. With a global network of smart, talented women & a market reach exceeding 2 million, WITI has established powerful strategic alliances and programs to provide connections, resources, & opportunities within a supportive environment of women committed to helping each other. WITI's mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity.