Take a deep breath. Now imagine yourself in your dream job in five years. What type of work are you doing? What are you achieving? By what metrics do you know you are successful? Can you see it? Good. Now, how do you get there? Luck? Wishing? No.
Be prepared! This is hard work. If it were easy, you would already have your dream job. During our time together, we will go through a fast paced 5-4-3 journey.
- Detail what job you want in five years. We must clearly define what the target is in order to hit it.
- Explore the four pillars in the house of our career to help develop a path toward our dream job. We will each work on examples to include on our resumes; accomplishments and skills we already have and those we plan to add.
- List three action steps you will complete in the next 30 days to move you toward your five year goal.
Bring your dreams, think big, and be ready to do the work. No one "falls" into a promotion. We make it happen.
It isn't sufficient just to want - you've got to ask yourself what are you going to do to get what you want? - Franklin D. Roosevelt
Featured SpeakersTina Marie Baugh
, an Information Technology team leader with over 25 years' experience, has guided individuals and teams in some of the most difficult project, team, and individual development work. It all centers on defining what done looks like.
When clear, measurable goals are set, results such as what Tina has obtained are possible:
- Develop and implement IT service request and acquisition process to bring transparency to all IT solution decisions increasing stakeholder buy-in and satisfaction and decreasing project costs
- Save over $2 million from a $50 million budget through supplier management processes
- Move from 100% outsourced IT services to 100% insourced and increase staffing by 15% while reducing total costs and increasing customer satisfaction
- Maintaining high engagement ratings with IT team members over past few years
To understand which goals are relevant and how best to set them, Tina has earned several certifications including ITIL Expert, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS). When Tina isn't defining and getting work done at the office, she enjoys volunteering at her son's school, volunteering at her family's church, and playing with their many animals. Tina is currently studying for the CHIME Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) class and exam.