Starting Your Own Tech Blog: Wordpress 101
A Tech Blog can be a great way to advance your career; but, how can you even find the time to get started? Well WITI is here to help! Please join us for a fun and informative, hands on tutorial on Wordpress. Our expert will tell you everything you need to know to get started! This is a BYOD event. Please bring your own device to participate in the tutorial.
What you will learn:
• How to choose between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
• What is a blog? Curating your content, building a body of work
• Tools to add a post to your blog
• Adding SEO functionality
• Adding Social Media Sharing tools
• Creating a discussion with reader comments
• Post notification by RSS, MailChip, Constant Contact
• Collecting new subscribers
• How to read the statistics, JetPack or Google Analytics
Featured SpeakersSteve Earle
Steve has been in the technology, sales and marketing industry for more than 25 years. In that time he has done everything including application development - distributed system deployment based on thin-client architecture - business development and lead generation - video production for on-line delivery - Out of Home (OoH) digital signage marketing strategies - e-commerce management, web 2.0 strategies and analytics, social media marketing, e-mail marketing and management (more than 2.3 million subscribers reached) - product management, branding and promotion.
Schedule of Events6:00-6:30 Registration & Networking