FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press and analyst contacts:
WITI Announces Speakers for the First Annual Women in Sports, Entertainment and Technology Symposium at Jabil Blue Sky Center
Speaker Lineup Features Successful Women at the Forefront of Converging Technologies
San Jose, CA, March 23, 2016 - More than two dozen stellar speakers have been announced for the inaugural Sports, Entertainment and Technology Symposium, to be held on March 31, 2016 at Jabil Blue Sky Center in San Jose, CA. The event is produced by WITI (Women in Technology International), the leading global business organization for women in technology with 150,000+ members worldwide.
At the WITI Sports, Entertainment and Technology Symposium, attendees will hear from key players who are leading the way for women as these industries converge.
Outstanding women with successful careers in sports, entertainment and technology will provide insiders’ perspectives on upcoming trends. They’ll also share how they overcame obstacles to reach their goals in traditionally male-dominated environments.
The Symposium showcases women’s individual achievements and experiences at both the technology and professional executive levels. The emphasis will be on personal and professional insights, mentorship, and the empowerment of women in sports and technology.
In the Symposium Panels
- Senior members of the Super Bowl 50 Host Committee and the San Francisco 49ers share highlights of planning the world’s single-largest annual event
- Drones in sports: the fabulous plusses, the challenging downsides
- From fashion statements to fitness-tracking - where and what are the opportunities for women in the wearables industry?
- How successful women in drone technology, audience data collection, sports coaching, in-car entertainment (and more) chose their career paths
- What's here, what’s ahead for wearables in healthcare, sports, sports medicine
- How the combination of immersive technologies + big data analytics + social media can enhance human interaction to the max
- Heather ANDRUS, SVP & GM/Product Innovation, Radius Product Development
- Hillary BARNHART, Sr Dir/Business Operations & Prog Mgmt, Applied Materials
- Jennifer BRACE, User Interface Supervisor, Ford Motor Company
- Douglas BURNET, Founder & COO, Aerial Sports League
- Kelly CROWLEY, Founder/Director, The ParaSport Institute
- Julie DESJARDINS, Head of Research, Athos
- Sally FRENCH, Founder, The Drone Girl
- Lisa GIANNONE, Founder, Active Care Physical Therapy
- Terri GIVENS, Ph.D., Provost and Professor, Menlo College
- Laurel HOFFMAN, Marketing Executive, Axwave
- Radhika IYENGAR-EMENS, CEO, Tanjah Partners
- Fernanda LAGO, Global Business Development, Axwave
- Beatrice LEUNG, Communications Manager, LiveLikeVR
- Stephanie MARTIN, VP/Mktg & Commns, Super Bowl 50 Host Committee
- Angela PAN, Founder & CEO, Ashley Chloe
- Leslie PIRRITANO, Founder, Elevate Charity
- Tara SCARROW, Director of Programs, Heartwood 3D
- Vicky SELWAY-SWIFT, Sr Dir/Partnership Svcs, Super Bowl 50 Host Committee
- Jennifer SMITH, CEO, Bay Area Women's Sports Initiative
- Rosie SPAULDING, VP/Event Planning & Ops, Super Bowl 50 Host Committee
- Zoe STUMBAUGH, Professional Drone Racer
- Ali TOWLE, VP/Marketing, San Francisco 49ers
- Mary VINCENT, Founder, Green Star Labs
- Gretchen WEST, Senior Advisor, Silicon Valley, Hogan Lovells
And Featured in Keynote Sessions
- How Zebra Technologies VP/GM Jill Stelfox led the company’s development of next-generation active RFID for real-time player tracking.
- Ortiz Industry CEO Claire Ortiz shares her journey from underprivileged youth to global leader in the highly competitive fashion, sports, and technology industries.
- How San Jose Giants SVP/CMO Juliana Paoli learned to make a career out of curveballs - by taking advantage of every opportunity.
- Jabil SVP/Marketing & Sales Enablement Joanne Moretti shares 10 powerful keys to success for breaking through the glass ceiling.
Following the Symposium, Jabil will host the WITI Taste of Technology Reception, showcasing hands-on demos of the hottest technologies by Aerial Sports League, Ario Living, Ashley Chloe, Athos, Axwave, Ballistic UAV, Clothing+, Create.io, Elevate Charity, Game of Drones, Girl Develop It, Gogo-Gami, The Grawlix CMS, Hexinair, Northeastern University Silicon Valley, Ortiz Industry, ParaSport Institute, TeamKelly, Tile, Whil, Zebra Technologies, and more.
WITI, founded in 1989 by Carolyn Leighton, is the world's leading trade association for professional, tech-savvy women committed to using technology, resources and connections to advance women worldwide. With a global network of exceptionally successful women leaders, WITI has established powerful strategic alliances and programs to provide resources, and opportunities within a supportive environment of women committed to helping each other succeed. WITI's mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity. For more information please visit: http://witi.com
For more information about the Symposium visit www.witi.com/setsymposium