Presenter: Bonnie Gross, BA, DSPA, President, SpeechScience, Inc.
SPEAK SO That Others APPRECIATE the FULL Value Of Your Ideas And Opinions.
Thirty years after women became 50 percent of the college graduates in the United States, men still hold the vast majority of leadership positions in government, industry, and in technology. This means that women's voices are still not heard equally in the decisions that most affect our lives.
Cheryl Sandberg, bestselling author of LEAN IN, identified one of the major problems holding women back as "..the faulty way women communicate to upper management, colleagues, and clients in business situations."
In this webinar, Bonnie Gross will discuss how to improve your speaking and communication skills so that you will BE HEARD AND APPRECIATED. You will:
- Learn how to use your voice, your tone, and your choice of words as powerful business tools.
- Communicate your message so others will listen.
- Learn to speak succinctly and to the point.
- Get rid of negative speech habits such as "um" and poor pronunciation.
- Discover your inner feelings and attitudes about being strong in business.
- Identify the speaking habits that hold you back, such as "up tone", poor voice projection, "um" and filler phrases, faulty pronunciation, apologizing, as well as body language and facial expression.
Bonnie Gross is the President of SpeechScience International, Inc., which is a company devoted to helping clients reach their full potential as dynamic speakers. They provide coaching and training in Executive Speaking Skills, including dynamic speaking preparation and delivery, speech & voice improvement, accent reduction and fearless public speaking. What differentiates SpeechScience is the combination of radio and television arts plus the use of Speech and Voice Therapy techniques, a computerized biofeedback learning tool, and their own proven programs and techniques to optimize learning and measure progress.
Incorporated in 1997, SpeechScience has helped hundreds of clients such as IBM, CIBC, Cisco Systems, BMO, Siemens, H.J.Heinz, RBC, CIBC and employees of the United Nations (New York), become clear and more powerful speakers.
Bonnie Gross has over 25 years of experience in speech pathology, voice training, writing and performing for radio and television. She has received awards in both professions:
- Honours of the Association AWARD, for outstanding contribution to the profession of Speech pathology.
- Programming Excellence Award, for the weekly TV series "Ethnicity."
The combination of these experiences is what makes Bonnie's programs strongly effective, unique, and always enjoyable.