Sonia Bhanot is the president and CEO of Verano. Bhanot spearheads Verano's corporate growth and business development activities, propelling Verano to a leadership position in this exploding market. She champions the company's context management software for deployment of fast and effective corporate portals and e-business applications. Bhanot is focused on helping Verano translate its technology innovations into market leadership and real customer value.
Previously, Bhanot served as vice president of sales and marketing at CuraSoft, a leading vendor of event management software for IT professionals. She also held senior business planning, marketing and channel development positions at Hewlett-Packard, where she brought to market several worldwide products and programs and secured key Internet partnerships including Marimba and Pointcast. Prior to joining HP, Bhanot held sales and product marketing positions for personal computer products at HCL, Ltd.
Sonia Bhanot will be a speaker on the Gaining Access to Capital and Personal Stories of Successful Women panels at WITI's East Coast Technology Summit.
Sonia Bhanot answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life? Why?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What strategies do you use to maintain balance in your life?
7. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not), who would they be?
2. Define success in 10 words or less.
3. If you could only subscribe to 3 magazines, what would they be?
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at [email protected].