The Horn Group
Sabrina Horn founded The Horn Group (HGI) in 1991. She has extensive experience in public relations representing both start-ups and large publicly-traded technology companies. At HGI, she provides strategic counsel to all clients, and oversees all operations and business development.
Prior to founding The Horn Group, she held senior account management positions with Blanc & Otus Public Relations and Edelman Public Relations, both in San Francisco.
Horn holds an M.S. in public relations from Boston University and a B.A. in American studies from Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, NY. She has authored several research papers including "Public Relations for Emerging Growth Technology Companies," and "Advertising in the People's Republic of China."
Horn is a noted industry speaker, has been named to the Silicon Valley Hall of Fame and earned the national award for "Best Employer" from Working Woman magazine in 1998. The Horn Group is an Inc. 500 company and works with market-leading software and services technology companies.
Sabrina Horn answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. What was the last book you read? What books do you love to recommend?
3. If you couldn't do what you are doing now, what profession would you choose?
4. What is your definition of success?