WITI Women | Dana Todd
Co-Founder, Vice President of Marketing
SiteLab International Inc.
Dana Todd has seventeen years of experience in journalism and advertising. She was a journalist and editor between 1983 and 1989 with several local newspapers, including the Savannah News-Press, Lawton Constitution, and Frederick Daily Leader. She then gained four years of advertising agency account management experience, specializing in high technology and biotechnology clientele. She is especially proud of her guerilla marketing successes, including a stunt that inspired a tradeshow daily cover story and subsequent distribution agreements for a small company with a $10,000 budget. She joined Bien Logic, an interactive agency, in 1996 and became one of five founding partners to spin off SiteLab in 1997. Todd holds a BA in Advertising from the University of Georgia.
Dana Todd answers these questions:
1. What was your first job in technology?
2. Who has been your most significant mentor? Why?
3. What has been your greatest challenge and what strategies
did you use to overcome obstacles?
4. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
5. What lessons have you learned that would be valuable to
women beginning their careers in technology?
6. What new technology do you believe will have the most positive
impact on the world in the next 20 years? The most negative impact?
On the lighter side:
1. If you could have dinner with any 2 people (living or not),
who would they be?
2. What was the last book you read? What books do you love to recommend?
3. If you couldn't do what you are doing now, what profession would you choose?
4. What is your definition of success?
Click here for printer-friendly version of this article.
If you wish to be featured in WITI Women or know of someone who you want to recommend for this segment, please email David Leighton at [email protected].